My Wife-In-Law who is married to my brother always has me in stitches or just plain mad! There is never in gray areas with her opinions or the reaction to these said, opinions. She should work for some political entity to get people's dander up so they will run out an vote for or against these opinions. She is quite adept at knowing the underlining causes of things but lack the sophistication to tell a lie from the truth.
This trait not uncommon among the humans. We all lack this trait when our emotions are involved.
I found this out one day, when I was working with a set of friends from my Aerospace days. I was out, on NFL football and not wanting to bet on sports, anymore. I did not care what millionaire got a new contract or what have you.
Sports turned into a business not just for the players and owners but the fans too. So my friends would ask me what games to bet or not? So because I had not an iron, in the fire. I picked 90 to 100 percent accuracy all the way to the Super bowl. I even picked the winner but was not routing for that winner.
Because this was the year Tom Brady decided to go undefeated in the regular season. A decision that should not have been. If they really wanted to go and get the Lombardi Trophy again. But this time, not by cheating my Raiders in the 'Snow Bowl' game. Tuck rule my ass!
Anyway, I picked and won and learned something from the experience, don't like something and you can see it very clearly. I mean very clear.
'Emotion clouds much young one.'
This saying is never more true. Thanks Yoda.
So I did the same in my career stopped caring about the outcome. My salary began to rise, very high. The more I turned my back on the whole thing. The more I got interview after interview and offer after offer. When I set my hand to the plow, nothing. Absolutely nothing came in??
What the F-k? I told myself. Then I hit on the answer while watching Television. Who says TV will rot the brain?
Remember the movie Big? Tom Hanks is a little kid and asks a unplugged machine called the Zohar that he wanted to be big? That was the answer. Let someone else be the Zohar for my life. I cannot see myself clearly someone else can. That someone wasn't my Wife but my Wife-In-Law who my most beloved brother married.
What a lucky guy brains and brawn and a little attitude to boot. Well, she was more than helpful with the Zohar thing and helped someone I cannot name yet. Also she tried to interject her faith into the mix. Well mistake and it started to fail. This is where I hit upon another precept.
Emotion and God very related.
Zohar posted on day this:
1) The "Lurker" - Never posts anything or comments on your post, but reads everything, and might make reference to your status if they see you in public.
2) The "Hyena" - Doesn't ever really say anything, just LOLs and LMAOs at everything. ...
3) "Mr/Ms Popular" - Has 4367 friends for NO reason.
4) The "Gamer" - Plays Words With Friends, Mafia Wars, Bakes virtual cakes etc.
5) The "Prophet" - Every post makes reference to God or Jesus.
6) The "Thief" - Steals status updates... and will probably steal this one.
7) The "Cynic" - Hates their life, and everything in it, as evidenced by the somber tone in ALL of their status updates.
8) The "Collector" - Never posts anything either, but joins every group, and becomes fans of the most random stuff.
9) The "Promoter" - Always sends event invitations to things that you ultimately delete or ignore.
10) The "Liker" - Never actually says anything, buy always clicks the "like" button.
11) The "Hater" - Every post revolves around someone hating on them, and they swear people are trying to ruin their life.
12) The "Anti-Proofreader" - This person would benefit greatly from Spellcheck, and sometimes you feel bad for them because you don't know if they were typing fast, or really cant spell.
13) "Drama Queen/King" - This person always posts stuff like "I can't believe this!", or "They gonna make me snap today!", in the hopes that you will ask what happened, or what's wrong...but then they never finish telling the story.
14) "Womp Womp" - This person consistently tries to be funny...but never is.
15) The "News" - Always updates you on what they are doing and who they are doing it with, no matter how arbitrary.
16) The "Rooster" - Feels that it is their job to tell Facebook "Good Morning" every day
She probably copy/pasted the above 15 personalities on Facebook, who cares. She posted it. She is very funny and some of what is posted most don't care or understand what it really means. I think is it pretty accurate. Facebook is pretty fucking obvious and stupid but hey it does the job. The job of not really connecting with anyone and just shouting your opinions at the top of your Facebook lungs!