Skip to main content

PRAXIS...the big YET!



MY PROCESS IS...
LEARN FROM THE TOP, IN THEIR RESPECTED FIELD, MODEL/COPY FROM THE BEST AND OUT PERFORM THE REST.



I was asked in a interview one day...What is my process? This was very unexpected for me and needless to say I had nothing to say. I ended up stating,"...a pencil and white sheet of paper."

 The young interviewer stated, " Mr Atrocity, that's not a process." I stated, "...yeah well there you go." He said "Mr Atrocity," like I was twelve and I had just given him a very disappointing answer. I could almost hear him nodding through the smart phone with bone cracking displeasure.


That was the end of the interview. 
It became a Praxis moment....a paradigm shifting question for my mind and soul.

What is my process? 
Why did that question make my mind go blank? Why in the hell did that question above all others cause to me to short circuit?

I asked other people about it and they gave my glowing answers on what I should have said.
Then I asked them, "What is YOUR process?" They did the same and just look at me blankly. Some tried to recover and gave me a answer that was just a parrot of what their leadership already told them. Or what a pastor, priest or prophet told them once after they took some interest in them.

 
 But one did have an answer for what her process was...my Mother. She stated it...and I was shocked. "Get up and do the very best. No matter what." And then she rolled off all the technical details of her job and how that affected her NOW day. I was amazed. I would have hired her on the spot.

See, we know other peoples processes but not our own? What gives? We use horoscopes and prayer to get answers when other people have the answers we need to confirm or not confirm our suspicions and superstitions.

We don't ask them because we don't really want an answer to our questions. When they give an answer, we state, "You must be drunk. Or what do you know anyways?" There are a million justifications for our mind to reject the truth. Why?

 
We really don't want the answers we seek. We want to be told, "This way!" Then we can accept or reject and feel better about our "decision" powers. We really are not making decisions when we are presented with two roads to travel.

A blank canvas is the true and ultimate decider.

A blank sheet of paper...is not very empowering. But it should be.
 It should be the most empowering. A blank sheet of paper and a number 2 pencil. Because we can erase it-- latter. We should not try writing it in pen, heaven forbid we might make a mistake and really do it for REAL...or it might become a 'permanent record' of what we did not accomplish...yet?


The big YET. We need the Big Yet to use our minds, properly. A YET is not just a thought while we sip from a Yeti cooler. An unrealized yet, it's not a disappointment. A big YET is not dreaming big enough. But not dreaming has not yet attached.  And then waiting too long, we believe.
 It's not over --if we dream too big. Because it is not yet-- accomplished.

Monday is coming-- no matter what we accomplish this week. Monday is coming-- a blank sheet of paper is all yours to write or draw what you want to be. An Artist is not just creating but accomplishing REAL things also.

 
So be an ART-tist...in your life. And ask your closest friend the same question you should ask a perfect stranger. The PS answer will surprise you, I guarantee it!



P.S --Good writers borrow, great writers steal, outright!
PS equals Perfect Stranger.


Thanks, Mr Atrocity, out.
Gotta hustle.

Comments

Post a Comment

Never trust Mr Atrocity! Art you can trust him.
Two brothers just lying around-- which one is telling the truth???

Popular posts from this blog

MY 3 DOTS! --B:H:S

Father with Daughters.  Abu el Banat!  A man was visiting a foreign land and everywhere he and is guide went people came and asked a question.  And the guide just replied, "Abu el banat." And the people just gave way and helped them.  All day this happened until finally the man ask what, "Abu el banat, meant?" and the guide just smiled and replied, "Father with daughters." If any knows what I am talking about then you have an furry only son too.  A dog named Max.  And 3 beautiful daughters.  Here are my 3 beautiful daughters or DOTS I call them. Buy, Hold and Sell!  B.H.S. BTW, I like DOTS candy the one that sticks to your teeth.  Its a great metaphor for 3 daughters I know and feel! Buy, Hold and Sell.  I said it all to a Wall Street Broker.  "I make more money with these two hands than any of these investments." Did I listen to my self for a month.  I did.  If I had waited 2 more months I would be rolling in it.  I knew.  I